|Lavoy Allen, PF 27 MIN | 3-7 FG | 1-2 FT | 7 REB | 0 AST | 0 STL | 1 BLK | 0 TO | 7 PTS | -1
Lavoy just struggles so badly to guard / hedge on the pick-n-roll that I can’t comment on anything else he did last night.
|Evan Turner, SF 41 MIN | 8-19 FG | 4-4 FT | 3 REB | 1 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 4 TO | 20 PTS | +1
Another roller coaster game for ET. He came out of the gate and threw up an ill-advised shot and had a bad TO. For that DC gave him the quick hook. When he was sent back in during the 1st Q he committed 2 more TOs and went 1-3 from the field. ET did rally in the 2nd half and had some solid drives to the tin. However when he was at the point in the 3rd Q he failed on several pick-n-roll ops to hit Moultrie as dove to the rim . Of course his driving lay up to get the 7-6 within 1 point during the closing seconds was very nice. Anyone else have motion sickness?
|Spencer Hawes, C 41 MIN | 7-14 FG | 5-6 FT | 9 REB | 2 AST | 0 STL | 1 BLK | 1 TO | 19 PTS | -4
If Spence could learn to provide any resistance at all on the defensive end, he could be a solid reserve in this League. He simply carried the Sixers on offense during the 4th Q (10 pts.) and the Sixers needed that badly. Still he doesn’t go to the bucket with authority and that soft finger roll he missed in the early 4th was just another example of that fact.
|Jrue Holiday, PG 39 MIN | 6-17 FG | 3-4 FT | 5 REB | 12 AST | 2 STL | 1 BLK | 5 TO | 16 PTS | 0
Jrue recorded yet another double-double last night, but some questionable shot selection in the 4th Q and a costly TO caused me to hit him with the “B”. He did a nice job of finding Moultrie on the pick-n-roll and also took the ball to the basket frequently. Two other things I noticed…Jrue can not get a foul call from the refs & Jrue will always have trouble guarding smaller-quicker guards (CP3, Jennings, etc.). He’s 6-4 and nearly 200 lbs., so we’re going to have to live with the fact that some of the slighter point men in the League will give him fits. Lastly, the dribble-drive, ball fake, lay-in move he made in the 2nd Q was fantastic.
|Nick Young, SG 33 MIN | 4-6 FG | 4-4 FT | 5 REB | 1 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 1 TO | 14 PTS | -2
Swaggy started out on fire as he was 4-4 on FGAs in the 1st Q and then thanks to fouls and DC’s quick hook, NY cooled off from there. I really liked that he got to the FT line and made the freebies.
|Arnett Moultrie, PF 19 MIN | 2-5 FG | 1-2 FT | 8 REB | 0 AST | 1 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 5 PTS | +1
He needs to work on his FTs and I’d like to see him make a few more of his FGAs, but another solid night from Arnett. It blows me away that in the 1st Q after two FGM on the pick-n-roll and a couple of boards that DC yanks him and he just sits on the bench for what seemed like an eternity
|Dorell Wright, SF 7 MIN | 1-2 FG | 2-2 FT | 1 REB | 0 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 4 PTS | +2
4 points in 7 ticks and 2-2 on FTs. Not bad for a guy who is in the Do(u)g-house.
|Jeremy Pargo, PG 18 MIN | 1-3 FG | 0-0 FT | 2 REB | 2 AST | 1 STL | 0 BLK | 3 TO | 2 PTS | -2
Pargo seemed a little off last night, but I like when he is playing point with Jrue on the floor. I think more of that last night would have been a good move by DC.
|Royal Ivey, PG 11 MIN | 1-2 FG | 0-0 FT | 1 REB | 0 AST | 1 STL | 1 BLK | 0 TO | 3 PTS | 0
The 3PA he hit in the late 3rd Q was huge for the Sixers, but other then that it was a quiet night for Ivey. Ohh yeah until the final ticks…he needed to call a TO after the jump ball in the final seconds fell into his hands. Turning the ball over there with a bad pass is simply a ridiculous mistake for a veteran.
|Damien Wilkins, SG 5 MIN | 1-1 FG | 0-0 FT | 0 REB | 0 AST | 0 STL | 0 BLK | 0 TO | 2 PTS | -5
5 mins…1 bucket…well done
|Kwame Brown, C DNP COACH’S DECISION MIN | FG | FT | REB | AST | STL | BLK | TO | PTS |
Hey, did you hear the one about the big guy who sat around doing nothing and got paid $2 million?
I loved that he yanked ET early on, but I didn’t like that he pulled Swaggy in the 1st when he picked up his second foul. Swaggy was on fire at that point and you have to let the guy play it out. I continue to hate that he lets ET run the point for large stretches. Moultrie deserved more minutes. And I am starting to wonder why the Sixers can’t get a call — is it possibly a DC thing?
After the Jump, Six Things We Saw
1. What a weird 3rd Q we saw in last night’s game…The Bucks cut the Sixers lead to 1 point with a nice run. That was answered by a Sixers 8-0 run. The Bucks then used some solid D and minutes of intense play to trim the lead back to 1 again. Brandon Jennings had 10 in the Q and the Sixers went 3:30 without a bucket. Yet thanks to an Ivey 3PM, the 7-6 led by 3 at the end of the 3.
2. Jennings and Monta Ellis simply took this game over in the 3rd and 4th Qs. Jennings was a insane in the 3rd Q — knocking home 3PAs and getting to the rim for 10 points. Ellis threw in 6 pts. in the 3rd Q. In the 4th Q, Ellis hit for 13 points and brought home this W for MIL. Both of them took their energy and hustle to a new level in the 2nd half and it seemed to inspire a Bucks squad that looked flat in the 1st half.
3. The Sixers lost this game thanks to some woeful shooting in the 4th Q. At one point they were 2-14 on FGAs in the Q. That stretch was mostly thanks to the fact that they settled for jumpers and forgot to go by defenders or look inside for some easy hoops.
4. The Sixer bigs are the worst in the League at guarding / hedging / helping on the pick-n-roll. I’m sure DC works on this stuff at PCOM, but it’s not helping. It’s actually hard to watch at times.
5. In the 1st half, the Sixers shot 55.9% from the field and scored 19 FG on 10 dimes…MIL had 18 points on 30% shooting in the 1st Q…The Sixers shot 24 FTs (made 20) and the bench scored 16 points last night…The Bucks grabbed 16 ORebs an scored 54 points in the paint…Sammy D had a nice double-double (17 & 14)…Sammy nearly out rebounded Spence & Lavoy combined (16 total)…The win ended a four-game losing streak for MIL and gave them a 3-0 lead in the season series with the Sixers…Milwaukee had 18 points off turnovers…
6. After the game, DC told the media that he and the Sixers are ready for some much needed time off during the ASB….”We’ve been through a lot this year. It’s been a tough year for us.” Has anyone else had enough of DC’s recent whining?!?!?